Terms & Conditions of Entry
These Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Entry Terms”) are designed to enable Bike Week 2017 events (the “Event”) to run effectively. By registering to participate in the Event, you (the “Rider”) accept and agree to be bound by these Entry Terms.
- “The Organiser” is Bicycle Queensland Inc (ABN 11 428 868 797) and where appropriate includes officers, employees, agents, sponsors, volunteers and contractors.
- An entry is not considered complete until all required rider information is supplied and full payment has been received (if applicable).
- Entries are not transferable.
- No refunds will be given.
- Participation in the Event may involve riding on public roads used by other traffic and other cyclists in close proximity. The Rider acknowledges and accepts the hazards involved. The Rider must ride in a safe, responsible and courteous manner during the Event, and the Rider agrees to abide by the Queensland road rules and to follow directions given by The Organiser.
- The use of any form of headphone or listening device is not permitted on the Event.
- The Event will be held outdoors and will proceed in spite of poor weather. Only extreme weather may cause cancellation.
- The Rider is responsible for ensuring they are physically and mentally capable of completing the Event. Any Rider with a specific medical condition that may affect their own safety or the safety of others should advise The Organiser.
- It is the Rider’s responsibility to have available, as they need, water, suitable food and/or medication which may be necessary to treat any particular medical condition from which they suffer.
- The Rider must ensure their bicycle is in sound mechanical condition prior to and on the Event.
- The Organiser will use their best endeavours to take due care in handling bikes and personal property during the Event, but is not responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense that the Rider may suffer or incur as a result of The Organiser handling their bike or personal property.
- Communications will principally be made via email. The Rider should provide a valid email address or if they do not have access to an email address, they should make every effort to read updates posted on The Organiser’s website. On request, The Organiser can mail printed communications.
- The Rider acknowledges that video footage and still images may be taken during the Event by official photographers and other participants and that these images may be used by The Organiser, event sponsors and stakeholders for promotional and publicity purposes, operational assessments and related cycling activities. The Rider consents to the use of such images for these purposes.
- Except as otherwise stated in these Entry Terms, The Organiser is under no obligation to refund monies or entry fees due to non-use, cancellation, failure to participate or dissatisfaction by the Rider.
- Conduct which, in the opinion of The Organiser, has, may be or will result in a breach of these conditions, harm or damage to any Rider or their property, illegal activity, bad language, or other antisocial behaviour, may result in the Rider’s removal from the Event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission to the Event to any person without providing a reason, even though that person may be in possession of a valid entry.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the venues, the route, the options, any information published about the Event or items provided on the Event without notice.
- The Organiser is not liable to the Rider for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind, including (but not limited to) refund of entry fees, if the Rider is denied access to or removed from the Event for any reason.
- The Organiser is not liable to the Rider for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind including (but not limited to) refund of entry fees, due to program changes, poor weather before or during the Event or postponement or cancellation of all or part of the Event due to circumstances beyond the control of The Organiser including (but not limited to) weather, safety, theft, disaster, accident, strike or direction by any government authority.
Acknowledgment and Waiver
- The Rider acknowledges and understands that cycling activities are dangerous recreational activities and that by participating in them they are exposed to certain risks including injury, death and damage to their property, including as a result of the negligence or breach of contract of The Organiser.
- In consideration of The Organiser permitting the Rider to enter and participate in the Event, the Rider hereby releases and indemnifies The Organiser and any of their respective representatives from and against all and any claims, suits, demands, liabilities, loss and damage (including indirect and consequential loss), costs, expenses and, interest, whether pursuant to common law or statute, that the Rider may suffer or incur arising from or connected with the Rider’s participation in the Event including as a result of the negligence, breach of duty, breach of care or other fault or responsibility of The Organiser and any of their respective representatives.
- If the Rider is a parent or guardian of a person under 18 years (“Under Age Child”) who is participating in the Event, that the Rider consents to the Under Age Child participating in the Event and agrees to take full and sole responsibility for the Under Age Child’s safety and participation in the Event. The Rider further agrees and undertakes to The Organiser for and on behalf of the Under Age Child that the release and indemnity contained in the previous clause applies with full force and effect to the Under Age Child and that the Rider and any spouse or de-facto spouse or partner will take no steps of any sort on behalf of the Under Age Child that would result in the release and indemnity in the previous clause being rendered inoperative, of no effect or being declared or ordered by a court of law as not applying to the Under Age Child.